I hereby acknowledge and agree that participation in the batting cages located within Paso Robles Sports Club has inherent risks. In consideration of the services provided by Paso Robles Sports Club, their agents, officers, participants, consultants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf. I now agree and certify as follows:
1. I acknowledge and fully understand that I, the participant (if the participant is 18 years of age or older) or parent/legal guardian of the above listed minor participant, will be engaging in activities that may involve risk of serious injury which result not only from my own actions, or negligence, but from the actions, inactions, or negligence of others or the conditions of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. The risks may include, but are not limited to: nature of the activity, latent or apparent defects of conditions in equipment or property supplied by Paso Robles Sports Club or other entity; acts of other participants in this activity, employees, or agents of Paso Robles Sports Club; my own physical condition, acts or omissions; conditions of the Paso Robles Sports Club Batting Cages facility and surrounding grounds terrain and accidents connected with their use; first aid emergency treatment or other services.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all the risks existing in this activity. My participating in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect, in spite of the risks, to participate. I assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury.
3. On behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives I hereby voluntarily release, waive, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Paso Robles Sports Club, and each of their respective commissioners, directors, agents, and other employees, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, distributors, and agents, other Batting Cage participants, and, if applicable, operator or lessors of premises used to conduct the event/activity from any and all liability for any and all claims, demands of causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Paso Robles Sports Club equipment or facilities.
4. I hereby certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating in these activities or alternatively I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions, which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5. I hereby certify that I have read and understand the Paso Robles Sports Club Batting Cage Rules and Regulations and will comply with conditions set forth therein.
6. I acknowledge and certify that I am at least 18 years old, or the parent or legal guardian of the participant under 18, and I agree I will wear a helmet at all times while in the batting cage. I hereby provide Paso Robles Sports Club permission to administer basic First Aid and I authorize Paso Robles Sports Club or its agents or employees to contact 911 or other emergency personnel as needed.
7. Severability: The undersigned further expressly agrees that the forgoing waiver and assumption of risks agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the State of California and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt, or property is damaged during participation in this activity a court of law may find me to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Paso Robles Sports Club and each of the other parties listed in Paragraph 3 above on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I HAVE HAD SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO READ THE ENTIRE DOCUMENT. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD IT, AND I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.